My kinda guy.
Friday 13 September 2013 @ 11:29 | 0 notes

I'm so bored right now because my laptop's been sent for servicing & my game pretty much has a time frame for reloading. So I guess I was browsing the web and I came across quite a number of people posting on "Their kind of guy", so I thought I might as well do one myself since I've got so much time to kill.

Over the years, tears & heartbreaks, I guess I've pretty much have it figured out. The kind of guy I want to spend the rest of my life with of course.

1. Driven!
He has to be driven, have a life goal. I can't stand the type of guys that just "live for the moment", bum around & leech/ depend on their parents. I don't need to have a guy who's rich (I mean that'd totally be a bonus), I'd rather have someone who's independent and self sufficient and plans ahead. He doesn't have to have everything figured out, but at least he can't be complacent! I don't need a guy to constantly spend on me or whatsoever. Just an occasional surprise or treat will do. Pamper me, but don't spoil me (at least not always)!

2. Looks?
I don't really go for looks, well at least when I think back on the guys I've dated I don't think they're exceptionally good looking or hot. What matters more to me is that he has to look presentable, clean cut & well shaven of course! (Never been a fan of facial hair on men, never will). I guess what captures my attention during the whole "first impression" is usually: their built, hair & dressing. 

3. Faithfulness
He has to be faithful, lets be honest nobody wants to have to worry all the time at the back of their minds whether he's going behind their backs or not. For me I'd like to have that peace of mind, not having to worry all the time. Sometimes doubts are healthy, but too much of anything can be lethal. Likewise, too much jealousy & insecurity can cause serious cases of paranoia & it just isn't a healthy relationship to be in.

4. Respect
He has to respect my decisions. He doesn't always have to agree with me, but I expect him to meet me halfway when I'm not being unreasonable or asking for too much. He has to respect the people around me because I believe in the Chinese idiom "爱屋及乌", which means in direct translation is that if you love the house, you'll love the crows on it too. If you love someone you'll love the things/ people around them, or at least something along that line if you get what I mean.

5. His friends
Ever declined a guy flat out just because of the kinda people or friends he hangs out with? I have. I can't stand the kind that's all talk & no action. The type that at a certain age, are still like number 1 (refer to the above). I mean, birds of the same feather flick together right? More or less that is.

6. The rock that holds me down when I get too crazy
For instances when I get too crazy or adventurous about certain things I guess, like when I'm impulsive or when I just need an adrenaline rush. I need someone to pull me back to reality.

7. Willing to be silly with me & entertain my nonsense 
The title pretty much speaks for itself.

8. English as the primary language
This is kinda my lil pet peeve, that I'm more inclined towards men who speak proper English. I find it very very attractive when people speak proper English, with the correct intonation, tense (OMG can't tell you how much it annoys me when people mix up past, present tense, singular & plural form) & of course their sentence structure.

9,10,11,12.
The list could go on and on. But lets get real, when you fall for someone most of the points above don't seem as important anymore. You'd start using your heart & not your head. You'll start thinking that your love might actually be able to change the person into someone better, someone who might eventually become the person with all the points above. But things don't always go the way we want it to.

So unless you're serious about dating, and you're prepared to more or less settle down then stick to your own points to look out for in a life partner. Otherwise just live it up, YOLO! 

I mean, you won't know exactly what type of guy will suit you better right? How do you expect to just date one guy and spend the rest of your life with him without getting to know what other types of guys are out there? Well those only happen in fairy tales or like a 1/10000000 possibility of happening irl? Get real.

I'm just speaking from my personal experiences and point of view.

Things for you to think about:

•You never know unless you try.
•What have you got to lose? What if you take the gamble and gain.



You're only as young and as old as you are in this moment.